Spirent TestCenter SPT-2000A Chassis with the following:
- 1 x Spirent TestCenter CM-1G-D12 HyperMetrics 12-port Gigabit Ethernet Test Module
The SPT-2000A chassis is designed for ease of transport, with a removable carrying handle and a loaded weight of 25 pounds. The SPT-2000A holds up to two modules that can support up to 24 Dual Media Ethernet ports, four 10GbE ports, two Uniphy ports or WAN ports, or a mixture of these port types. The SPT-2000A-HS has higher powered fans, is suitable for use in the lab and supports up to 4 UniPHY or WAN ports as well as all other port types. The SPT-2000A supports large form factor modules natively and small form factor modules using the ACC-2090B carrier card.
- Hot swappable modules
- High-speed backplane for parallel downloads
- Multiple users per test module for greater efficiency of resources
- 19-inch rack-mountable
The HyperMetrics 4- and 12-port Gigabit Ethernet test modules combine Spirent TestCenter’s network emulation and traffic generation with line rate Avalanche application traffic to deliver the highest performance Layer 2-7 test solution available on a single module.
The modules support line rate Layer 2-3 test traffic and Layer 4-7 traffic over 10/100/1000 Mbps Copper or Gigabit Ethernet SFP interfaces. They are ideal for functional, performance and conformance testing of service provider and enterprise networks of all sizes and stages of deployment.
- Triple Play: Testing and service validation from the user’s point of view (quality of experience) using realistic voice calling, unicast and multicast streaming videos as well as Internet traffic
- Device Benchmarking: Test using IETF RFC 2544, RFC 2889 and RFC 3918 methodologies with easy test setup using dynamically bound traffic and automated wizards
- Carrier Ethernet: Verify services whether delivered via VPLS, Layer 2 Pseudowires, bridged Ethernet, packet transport protocols or combinations of these technologies
- Service Provider Routers: Verify Layer 3, multicast and video services delivered via BGP/MPLS VPN, multicast routing or mVPN
- Subscriber Emulation: Emulate thousands of access subscribers using different services across multiple ports under normal or exceptional traffic conditions
- Advanced Layer 4-7 user emulation: Perform line rate web, media and security testing for concise content delivery
- Complete Layer 2-7 testing: Validate access networks, routers, switches and mobile backhaul
Traditional test module design fixes CPU resources to specific ports. These 1-dimenstional architectures necessitate three hardware designs to achieve the usage goals of high port scalability, virtual network emulation and high-capacity application traffic. HyperMetrics’ architecture relegates these design limitations to the past.