Spirent VR5 HD Spatial Channel Emulator with the following:
- Model VR5-8C16D
- Model XD5
- Application Version: 18.104.22.168
- Options installed
- AWGN Interferer
- Propagation Conditions Editor
- LTE Conformance Model Pack
- WCDMA Conformance Model Pack
- GSM Conformance Model Pack
- WiMAX Conformance Model Pack
- WLAN Conformance Model Pack
- Filtered Noise Fading Engine
- Geometric Channel Modes Fading Engine
- MIMO OTA Environment Builder
- Automatic Phase Calibration
- Dynamic Environment Emulation
- 3000-3850 MHz Band Support
- 4000-6000 MHz Band Support
- Number of Internal LOs: 4
- RF Bandwidth: 40 MHz
- VDT-CT Playback
- Number of RF Channels: 8
- Number of Digital Links: 16
- 10 MHz Reference: Internal
The VR5 HD Spatial Channel Emulator brings unprecedented ease of use to testinggeometric MIMO/beamforming devices and base-stations. 8×4 MIMO, TD-LTE, WiFi 802.11n/ac, LTE-Advanced, and bi-directional or handover testing are just a few of the challenges that are easily handled with this bench-top unit.
The VR5 interface simplifies the management of complex MIMO scenarios, streamlining configuration and preventing errors from creeping in. Now even the newest user can quickly set up and run the complex RF environments needed to test mobiles and base-stations used in LTE, LTE-Advanced and beyond.
The Spirent VR5 HD Spatial Channel Emulator simplifies MIMO testing for technologies such as LTE and LTE-Advanced. These technologies rely on large numbers of antennas, higher bandwidth, and band aggregation to deliver high-speed data. VR5 provides integrated bi-directional RF channels and supports carrier aggregation. With high fidelity channel and long simulation repetition rates, the VR5 ensures reliable and accurate performance evaluation.
It features an easy to use GUI that provides one-click access to the most often used functions. The step-by-step design of the GUI along with the graphical feedback at each step ensure even the most novice user can quickly set up and run the complex RF environments needed to test mobiles and base-stations used in LTE, LTE-Advanced and beyond.
The integrated touch screen interface on the front panel lets you track test progress in real-time and make quick changes to the test setup.
The VR5 also includes support for MIMO Over-the-Air testing using the MIMO OTA Environment Builder Software.
- Simplified testing – VR5 keeps receiver testing simple, preventing setup errors… no matter how many antennas
are involved in the forward-looking technologies you’re working on.
- The real world in your lab – From captured drive-test scenarios to the most complex MIMO scenarios, the VR5 brings realworld RF scenarios to your test lab.
- Maximum effectiveness of your resources – Even the most complicated test cases can be set up and run, quickly and
correctly, by your least inexperienced team members.
Spirent’s XD5 is a Multilink Duplexer unit that when used in conjunction with Spirent’s VR5 Channel Emulator, allows flexibility in the test theme that needs to be executed. It enhances the functionality of the VR5 by doubling the number of faded cells in the Downlink through MIMO while providing a clean Uplink, or conversely, enabling MIMO and/or fading in the Uplink while providing a clean channel on the Downlink.
- Maximizes the usage of number of digital links purchased either in the Uplink or the Downlink
- Enhances Spirent’s VR5 capabilities to combine bidirectional signals from up to 4 eNodeB’s going to the UE
- Doubles the number of Downlink faded channels versus bi-directional VR5 connection setups
- Easy control through the VR5 touch screen GUI
- Supports increased number of cells for Virtual Drive Test Conversion Tool (VDT-CT)
- Increases number of cells in existing VR5 test systems with simple XD5 upgrade
- Reverse isolation for bidirectional test conditions
- Significantly reduces the minimum I/O separation required in a bi-directional test setup
- Flexible architecture to support wide variety of configurations in both Downlink and Uplink:
- DL 4 x 2/ UL 2 x 2
- DL 2 x 2/ UL 2 x 2
- DL 2 x 2/ UL 1 x 2
- DL 4 x 2/ UL 1 x 4
- DL 2 x 1/ UL 1 x 2