The Spirent fX2 40/10G and 10/1G Ethernet dualspeed test modules combine Spirent’s industryleading Layer 2–3 traffic generation and analysis with powerful network emulation and application layer protocols for emulating a wide range of device types, users and protocols. These modules deliver the highest performance per dollar for Layer 2–7 testing. Reduced power consumption and the ability to use a single module throughout the test lifecycle results in lower CAPEX and OPEX. These modules are ideal for functional, conformance and performance testing of data center and service provider network infrastructure and evolving SDN and NFV technologies. The Spirent fX2 module is available in several port count and speed variations to match your test needs and budget. For dual speed 40GbE versions each of the 40G ports can be configured as 4x10GbE for a maximum density of twenty 10GbE ports per slot. Dual speed modules are also available for 10/1GbE operation from a single port.
- High-density 5-port 40GbE, 20-port 10GbE or a dual speed 40/10GbE offers a highly scalable test platform
- High-density 5-port form factor supports five 40GbE or twenty 10 GbE ports per slot, 240 40GbE ports or 960 10GbE ports per 19-inch rack
- Lower density four, three and two port modules are perfect for development testing at lower port counts or performance testing of smaller edge devices with 40GbE uplinks
- 10/1G Ethernet versions are the only high-density dual-speed modules of their type
- Ports are software controlled for operation in 10GbE mode or 1GbE mode and are individually reservable
- Uses SFP+/SFP form-factor for more flexible 10GbE and 1GbE interconnect options