Abacus PCG Digital Call Generator & Switch Simulator card with the following options:
- Hardware revision: 23
- Call Gen
- T1 CAS
- E1 CAS
- SLC-96 II
- PRA on V5
The PCM Circuit Generator (PCG) subsystem provides one PCM circuit at the T1 (1.544 Mbps) or the E1 (2.048 Mbps) rate. The circuit can emulate a telephone exchange (central office) or a terminal. You can configure any of the channels to be an originating channel or a terminating channel (calling or called party).
The PCG subsystem comprises the following two printed circuit assemblies:
- PCG: the front card, which has active electronics and is installed into the front of the shelf.
- PCI: the rear card, which has connectors and jumpers and is installed into the rear of the shelf to provides the physical means of connection to your system under test.
- One four-wire (full duplex) circuit
- Call generation and switching
- Built-in protocol analyzers
- Test T1 (1544 kb/s) and E1 (2048 kb/s)
- 32-bit processor, DSPs, and flash memory to ensure full computing and upgrading capabilities
- Standard ISDN protocols are supplied, and each standard protocol can be customized
- Programmable call progress tones
- Flexible call sequences
- Generate 20,000 calls or switch 13,400 calls
- Program test duration to be random or fixed from 1 s to 5 years
- Verify that speech path is established and retained for duration of call
- Results are automatically and continuously gathered and presented in tables and graphs
- End-to-end testing with other interfaces on Abacus1
NOTE: No software of any kind (external or internal) is provided with the Hardware. Please contact Spirent to obtain software license rights and maintenance support.